Are you planning for something different this holiday? Instead of relaxing on, a beach, do you wish to indulge in something exhilarating that could break the monotony of your everyday life? If yes, I would personally recommend you to take part in the famous cycling trips of Pyrenees. Noted for its enrapturing natural surroundings, this exceptionally beautiful destination in France is noted for being a paradise to both the experienced and amateur riders. Now that you are more or less sure about the location, it is time to decide, whether you would like to opt for independent or guided trips. Both these modes do have their own series of pros and cons. Let us explore some of them in the following discussion.
An increasing number of individuals from all across the globe have admitted that for Pyrenees cycling holidays, it would be better if they opt for a guided tour. The travel location has many organizations that provide optimal trips to solo travelers, couples or small groups of people. Specialized experts prepare itineraries so that riders could make the most out of this trip. Not only would the participants be provided with cycles and other necessary paraphernalia but they would also be offered delicious and nutritious food along with comfortable accommodations. If you are yet skeptical, may be the below-mentioned positive aspects would change your mind.
- Pre-planned routes and structured schedules would make the journey hassle free.
- The guides make sure that you do not get into any kind of troubles.
- On these trips, your additional equipment is hauled in a support van and does not need to be carried.
- Guided trips stand to be enriching because the experts offer information on the history and culture of the concerned location.
A coin has two sides and similarly, there are some disadvantages of guided cycling trips too. Some of those are as follows:
- Guided trips could be a tad bit more expensive especially if you are running on a tight budget.
- These tours depend heavily on a guide so if the said professional is not competent or experienced enough, your entire trip would turn out to be disappointing.
- Guided trips are much rigid, where you need to follow a well-defined plan. One is allowed to venture on their own.
In the present times, most of the travelers are opting for independent trips probably because they love the thought of exploring unknown locations on their own. Being much flexible and offering utmost freedom to the participants, there are some, who wish to go for such tours while enjoying their Pyrenees cycling holidays. The pros and cons of this particular mode are mentioned as follows:
- Relatively expensive.
- One is provided with the opportunity to ride as much as they wish to.
- As there is no definite schedule, you are allowed to take detours and have memorable interactions with the natives.
- Traveling alone is the best way to meet new people and make friends.
- Such trips could be risky for you have none to help you if in trouble.
- Hauling all the tools and gears on one’s own could be a pain.
- While you might be able to navigate easily, there are chances that you would miss the key highlights of the destination.
Now that you are aware of the advantages and disadvantages of both the modes, you can choose any one, in accordance with your needs and expectations.